ROCKS 4 RILEY - 1st Annual 3 v 3 Basketball Tournament
Time & Location
About the Event
WHS Dance Marathon is hosting a 3v3 DOUBLE ELIMINATION Basketball Tournament to benefit Riley Hospital for Children!
Each team can have 4 players made up of CURRENT high school students (9th-12th grade) and will cost $100. Entry for spectators is free but donations are highly encouraged!
Teams can be co-ed and mixed grade levels. This means that opponents could possibly be a different age or gender.
Trophys will be provided.
There is a minimum sign up of 20 teams, so tell your friends! (Even if they don't go to Westfield)!
1. 3 on 3 Basketball is a half-court game played by two teams of three players each, including a maximum of 1 substitute.
2. Each game will be 20 minutes long. The team with the most points at the end of the 20 minute period will advance.
3. Teams score by either regular two-point baskets, or by three-point shots taken from outside the three-point circle.
4. Teams are allowed one 60 second time out per game each
5. Home team will be determined by a game of rock-paper-scissors, best out of 1, and will start with the ball
6. On defensive rebounds or steals, players must return the ball by dribble or pass across the three point line before a basket may be attempted. Once across the line, they do not have to pass the ball before shooting.
7. For any unusual stoppage of play, the team currently or last in possession of the ball shall retain possession, except after a made basket.
8. After a made basket, the team that was on defense will start at the top of the key on offense.
9. Substitutions may be made after a basket or an out of bounds play.
10. If the game ends in a tie after regulation time there will be a one minute overtime period. Possession will be determined by rock-paper-scissors, best of 1.
11. At the end of the game the scorekeeper/referee will report the results of the game to the Rocks 4 Riley championship bracket, and the winning team can see who and when they play next.
**The tournament will be "call your own fouls" and supervised by a scorekeeper, until the final 4 when a referee will oversee fouls.
- Rocks 4 Riley Team$60$600$0